Who are we?
[opens PDF file: 1 MB]
[opens PDF file: 352 kb]
Alliance of Professional Women is a soft networking organization composed of professional women in the Denver metropolitan area. For over twenty years, Alliance events have focused on providing a relaxed, fun, friendly atmosphere where long-term relationships and professional referrals are fostered.Alliance of Professional Women is unique among womens’ networking organizations in Denver. We are a “one-stop shop” for:
- Support from other women in a vast array of professions and career stages.
- Networking and FUN. We have monthly Networking Luncheons at restaurants throughout the Denver area (we vary locations to accommodate members all over the city). We host Business After Hours events like Spa Night, Wine Cheese and Chocolate Tasting and feature a variety of speakers and panel discussions. Our Alliance Foundation hosts fundraisers each year with themes like City Lights Boardwalk Nights and Passport to Italy.
- Educational opportunities through our Continuing Education for-credit courses and through our Roundtable Program which provides you with a “mastermind” group of business advisors in a confidential setting.
- Opportunities to volunteer and support women and girls in Denver and internationally through our Alliance Foundation. Alliance of Professional Women provides Scholarships to women attending college in Denver and funds a Village Bank, a microcredit program that provides life changing small business loans to impoverished women in developing countries.
- Information on business, cultural and philanthropic goings-on in Denver through our bi-monthly newsletter, The Communiqué.
- Opportunities to showcase your business in many ways: through our on-line membership directory, as well as advertising in our bi-monthly newsletter with e-distribution to thousands of local women, or by sponsoring one of the monthly networking luncheons, with prominent 12-month link to your companys website on our front page.
- Information on current and pending state and national legislation affecting women.
Personal and professional relationships are the core of The Alliance. Many women in Alliance of Professional Women develop lifelong friendships and support networks with other women of diverse professional backgrounds who share common energies, interests and goals.
Leadership and Personal Development
Alliance of Professional Women encourages both personal and professional growth. Members are exposed to new ideas, experiences and skills through interactions with women from different professions and at different stages in their lives. The Alliance also provides opportunities to develop and hone leadership skills.
Women helping women strengthens the community. Through fund raising and hands-on volunteer activities, Alliance of Professional Women encourages volunteerism and mentoring of both members and non-members.
The Alliance works together with other community organizations to support women and girls and help them move toward the goal of becoming productive and self-sufficient citizens.
Educating and Informing
Keeping our members informed about issues and events affecting professional women is crucial to the success of, and a highly valued benefit of, Alliance of Professional Women.
The Alliance sponsors educational programs on issues of interest; presents speakers who inspire and motivate; offers events that add to personal and professional development and enrichment; voices members’ views on current issues; and collects and disseminates information about people, events and issues of importance to our members.
We invite you to join this group of fabulous women, to build long-lasting relationships that benefit you personally and professionally.